Therapy is a little like a one-sided conversation where the focus in on the client and their life. There is no right or wrong reason to come for counselling, no issue is ever too small. The smaller the issue the less time it usually takes to remedy the problem. Common reasons people seek therapy include ;-
- Low self-esteem
- Unexpected life circumstances
- Addictive behaviours (Food, smoking, alcohol, substances)
- Lack of motivation for achieving short-term and long-term goals
- Behavioural issues (Mood swings, anger issues)
- Family of origin experiences – childhood related challenges
- Abuse of any form (sexual, emotional, physical, psychological) – past or present
- Relationship challenges (workplace, romantic, parental)
Counselling offers a safe and confidential space to explore how your challenges can be eased. Changes, even the smallest ones, can greatly impact and improve your quality of life. Some circumstances do call for a more radical life change. Even when change is really positive, it can be uncomfortable and often challenging. Counselling can be that place where you get to acknowledge any fear of the unknown as you step into a new phase of life. This could be a new job, becoming a parent, becoming a step-parent, retirement, redundancy, starting your own business.
As few as 6-8 counselling sessions can really set you on the right track and armed with the confidence you need to face any challenges you have. Long term counselling is available where life circumstances shift and change and you require additional support.